MIgration Consultancy Services in Australia

The Migration Place is a division of Irish Bentley Lawyers, and they pride themselves on achieving positive outcomes for clients.

Mel works with Australia’s leading Migration Lawyers and experienced Immigration Agents.

The Migration Place is a division of Irish Bentley Lawyers, and they pride themselves on achieving positive outcomes for clients, and that clients can take comfort in knowing that their application will be handled professionally and with the maximum prospects of success.

They are Australian migration lawyers as well as registered migration agents, which gives clients peace of mind that they are dealing with highly educated and trained professionals to help with their migration matter.

This also means that they can provide legal services beyond the visa application itself.

Migrate to Australia - The Migration Place

Types of Visas

Clients often ask us, “What type of visa do I need for Australia?”

There is no easy answer to this question.

The Australian immigration system is complex, and there are many different types of visas to cater to various different situations like those who wish to work in Australia, those who wish to join their Australian partner and those who want to learn in Australia.

What type of visa you will need for Australia will depend on such things as your qualifications, your work history, your family members, your partner, your children, your assets and your age.

We can assess your eligibility for various types of visas, and let you know what type of visa you need to migrate to Australia. It may be that you have multiple options available to you, and we will be able to provide information on which types of visas will be your quickest and easiest pathway to permanent residency.

Some of the many types of visas available include:

Australian Visa

Family Visas

  • Prospective Marriage Visa
    This is a temporary visa for the partner of an Australian citizen or permanent resident to come to Australia and marry their spouse within 9 months. After the marriage, the applicant may apply for a de facto visa.
  • Partner Visa
    This is a temporary and then permanent visa for couples, including married, de facto and same sex, who have been in a relationship for more than 12 months and who are committed to a relationship together.
  • Parent Visas
    There are both temporary and permanent visa options for those who have at least half of their children living permanently in Australia or have more children living permanently in Australia than in any other country. Those children must also be Australian permanent residents or citizens or eligible New Zealand citizens who have settled in Australia. In order to be eligible for this visa the applicant must meet health and character requirements and must be sponsored by an Australian citizen or permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. For some parent visas there are also age requirements.

Work Visas

  • Working Holiday Visa
    This is a temporary visa for those who wish to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It allows you to work in short term positions while visiting Australia (no longer than 6 months) and to study for up to four months. To be eligible you must be between the ages of 18 and 30, have functional English, have enough money to support yourself and be from an eligible country.
  • Skilled Visa
    Both temporary and permanent visas are available for people with an occupation on the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List. To be eligible for a Skilled Visa you need to be less than 50 years old, have recent work experience in your nominated skill, have at least 60 points on the points test and meet the English, health, character and public interest requirements.
  • Employer Sponsored Visa
    There are temporary and permanent visas available to people who have an employer willing to sponsor them. Whether you are eligible for permanent residency straight away, depends on your work experience and qualifications, your English ability and the location of your employer. The temporary Employer Sponsored Visa, the ever-popular Subclass 457 Visa, is a pathway to permanent residency through the Employer Sponsored Visa category.
  • Student Visas
    Student visas are temporary visas for those wishing to study in Australia. To be eligible for a student visa you must have a sufficient level of English, be financially capable to pay for your travel, education and living costs and meet the health and character requirements.
  • Tourist Visas
    Tourist visas are temporary visas that let you visit Australia for tourist or business visitor purposes. Tourist visas let you stay in Australia for at least three months and in some cases up to 12 months. To apply for a tourist visa you need to be a passport holder of specified countries.

Investor and Business Visas

  • Business Talent Visa
    This is a permanent visa for business owners who have a business turning over more than $3M annually or who have obtained at least AUD$1 million in venture capital funding to start the commercialization and development of a high-value business idea in Australia. To be eligible for this visa you must be less than 55 years of age, hold business and personal assets with a net value exceeding AUD$1.5 million and have an overall successful business career. You must also be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
  • Business Innovation and Investment Visas
    There are both temporary and permanent visas for people with business or investment skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business/investment in Australia. You must generally be less than 55 years of age and you must meet the points test. There are three different streams for the temporary and permanent visas; the business innovation stream, the investor stream and the significant investor stream. You must hold the temporary visa in order to be eligible for the permanent visa.

Other Types of Visas

  • Distinguished Talent Visa
    This is a permanent visa for those who have obtained recognition for exceptional achievement in sport, a profession, research academia or the arts.
  • Investor Retirement Visa
    This is a temporary four-year visa for self-funded retirees who have no dependents and want to live in Australia during their retirement years. To be eligible you must be 55 years of age or older, have no dependents (other than a partner), meet income requirements and be able to make a significant long term financial investment in Australia.
  • Special Category visa
    This is a temporary visa that lets New Zealand citizens stay and work in Australia. In order to be eligible you must have a New Zealand passport and meet the health insurance and character requirements.

For a full legal advice, eligibility and discovering what type of visa you need for Australia: CONTACT US TODAY

Our registered migration lawyers are experienced in handling complex cases (including any custody, health or criminal record issues).

We abide by the MARA Code of Conduct, and law society guidelines.

Our competitive fixed price includes a post visa conference with Irish Bentley Lawyers to help you to understand Australian tax, business law, and other legal issues.

Our goal is to ensure that your application is granted quickly and successfully.
The process gets harder every month – contact us to get your visa application lodged ASAP.

We are experienced in all types of visas and will help you discover which type of visa best fits you!

meludeucationalMigration Consultancy Australia